Monday, November 5, 2012

November 3 Part 1

Two posts for today. First we had Emily's bridal shower this morning! So fun! There was also an unexpected phone call from the FBI (I'll tell that story at the end of this post.)!
A bridal hat to match the shower theme has become a tradition at the Muller showers.
Beautiful cookies for the favors.
Chicken puff bundles and Caramelized pear and blu cheese salad with a Cranberry vinaigrette.
A chicken wire wedding dress that has made appearances at a few showers now. Just change the accessories and its reinvented!
All the mercury glass was made by Aunt Lora and Lisa - they did such a great job!!
Mom found little saplings in the forest and painted them all white, Aunt Sherry strung the lights and snowflakes. A little visual divider for such a big room.
Pine cone place cards
Lindsey and Kendra came up with some great games!
Me and my little buddy, Dylan
Mom on the phone with the FBI!  - Here's the story: My Aunt Lora bought carpet squares on Ebay and they were delivered to my mom's house. On Saturday I answered the phone and this gentleman asked if I was Carla - I said no (with a certain tone of voice used on tel-marketers). Mr. FBI Agent said, well let me tell you why I'm calling. I'm from the FBI and was wondering if Carla had purchased any carpet squares lately. Obviously this caught my attention and I no longer thought I was being punked. I yelled for my mom - never thinking there would be a day I would utter the sentence, "mom, the FBI is on the phone for you!" -  He asked if she had time to answer a couple questions and mom, being her hilarious self, asked if she could call him back in a couple hours because "I know it's not important to you, but we're throwing a shower today for 40 people and I'm not done baking or setting up!" Mr. FBI calmly told her that he knew that was important to her, but this was regarding the shootings on 196. Well that got her attention! They proceeded to ask her about the gentleman that dropped off the carpet squares - what they looked like, when they came to the house, etc. From what we could put together it seemed like they were checking out this suspects alibi. Mom was less then helpful in describing the gentlemen. Her statements included things like - they were pleasant looking - one might have been wearing a hat - one might have been bald - they were white. Such a crazy story!!

No comments:

Post a Comment